Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Life Moves Pretty Fast...

I was stuck in traffic on Race Street downtown, and thoroughly annoyed.  This was not the way I had planned my day to be!  I began to work myself into a bit of a tizzy, when I rolled my eyes up to the heavens, I noticed that looming just above my head was the most magnificent facade!  Instantly, my annoyance was turned to glee as I was able to safely shoot a snapshot without fear of bodily harm.  I have lived most of my life in the Cincinnati area and never once noticed this architectural gem!
I was suddenly transported to Saint Marks Square in Venice.  "Traffic jam, what traffic jam?"  I'm on a gondola!  After a little investigating I found that the Lyric Piano Company building has been surprising and delighting Cincinnatians since 1919 and is even on the Queen City Tour.  Well, color me surprised.  I definitely learned a lesson in that traffic jam.  Sometimes all you need to do is to slow down and take a look around.  You could be missing out on so much around you for want of pausing for just a moment to stop and look around you!  




No comments: